Sunday, February 12, 2006

Project 1: In Camera Editing

I spent a week on the In Camera Editing Project, and I really enjoyed it.

Except for the day when I had to go to the Emergency Room because I had an allergic reaction to some thing/ chemical on the view-finder, which was really frightening. I know I am not allergic to rubber, but certain types of dust/dirt I do have some allergic reactions to.

I feel like I would like to add some music to my video, such as Mason Jennings a wonderful artist whom I have only recently been exposed to. Mason Jennings is one of my favorite musicians right now. However I might use Azure Ray for the music just because Azure Ray is so lovely, and perhaps the music would go better with the video.

I really enjoyed the daytime video, which I did the following day, which I actually think was better than what I did the night before (and showed in class)...However I showed the one that I did because it was shorter.

I don't really think my first project was about what I showed at all, but what the experience of the whole week was for me. I was able to think about sequence, and I agree with Morgan (my instructor) that the more successful shots were the ones where I showed a particular texture or detail, rather than a bunch of things all at once. It doesn't take so much to give the feeling of something to people...

Or in other words... things are a lot more subtle than we may sometimes think.

So I am happy that I did a walk through of the city. However, I also documented my eye-emergency experience, as well as a whole day through the east village, with me doing my laundry, and bringing it back. I just felt that it was slightly anti-climactic, and I feel even more appreciative of editing and the possibilities of editing and post-production. Sometimes the idea comes together after you are done shooting, whereas sometimes, the idea is clear and becomes even more clear in the process...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home